Monday, February 14, 2011

Best Trip Ever! Part 1

So it was a snowy weekend in Northwest Arkansas but the trip was well worth it! My Husband Jon and I had a wonderful time. We got to fill our hearts with the wisdom that only God can give. Gary smalley (the speaker at the event we went to). was amazing! He had so may great things to say as well as his son, and others. We learned many things and got some great tips on how to have a more effective marriage, and also how to have more effective friendships with others. I would recommend any married couple to go to the Gary Smalley we love healthy marriages event! There you will renew your marriage and spark a fire it your marriage that will keep on growing! Speaking of growing, I was blessed enough to have been able to snap a photo of the Duggar Home as we drove by...little Duggars were out playing in the snow...they were eyeing our car...lol...I think it was little Jackson who was out there using the, "Vote for Jon-David" sign to sled around with. I couldn't tell exactly which little Duggars were out their but, they sure looked like they were having a blast!

At the event we met Josh and Anna Duggar from the hit TLC show, "19 Kids and Counting". I couldn't believe they were there! It was a miracle! There were 1400 people at the event and we just so happened to bump into them! My Husband and I are HUGE fans of the Duggar family! A day prior to meeting them at this event my Husband and I got stuck at Champion Motor Cars the snow was piled heavy...as well as the traffic! But it was still neat! Anna was gracious enough to allow me to take a picture with her. For those of you who think that Anna is snobby or snootie....YOU ARE WRONG! This girl is SO kind and selfless...she even took the time to engage in conversation with me. It wasn't just a quick photo and that was that! She is genuine, real and full of Christ! As well as her Husband Josh, my Husband approached Joshua and told him what a wonderful influence he and Anna have been to us in our lives, and how we are so proud of them for staying so strong in there faith, and for doing so many great things and so forth and so on and...all Josh said was, "Wow...well, praise the LORD." They didn't draw any attention to themselves, they are very personable and humble. It was an honor and a blessing to have met them.

This weekend is a weekend my Husband and I will never forget! It was the best trip ever! I would just like to openly thank my wonderful Husband for taking the time to honor our marriage, and for being so thoughtful and wise! He planned this trip so perfectly! I thank you LORD as well for the many blessings poured out! And for all the wisdom we have obtained. Thank you for keeping us safe as well! We are young and in love! And now even more in love than before thanks to God working through this wonderful conference! I know we we weren't the only married couple that left changed! And revived! Now it is time my Husband and I apply what we have learned in our daily lives! I am so grateful to God for all the people that he had put across our path during the trip! We were deeply inspired, encouraged, renewed, refreshed and truly blessed!



I think it is very vital for every married couple to attend a marriage event once a year! My husband and I have decided that is what we are going to do! For Jon (my hubby) and I, we feel this conference has given us a whole new perspective on marriage. Marriage is more than just a commitment, it's a calling, it's an honor, and a privilege. [= I love you Jonathan! Happy Valentines Day baby! I pray we can celebrate many many more to come!!

Have YOU ever met a Duggar? Tell me about it!

*Don't forget to read part 2*

2 comments:

Debbie said...

No, never met a Duggar, but I'd love to. How cool that you got to meet Josh and Anna and also to see the house. I think it's awesome that you got to go to the marriage conference. I wish we could, but it's not really something we can do right now. Our marriage is great, but I agree it's good to continue striving to make it better year by year. Enjoyed your post!

DuggarFamFan08 said...

-Debbie, thanks for the nice comment! :) Are you a fan of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting? Jon and I watch it on itunes. We are loyal fans!

Grab My Blog Button!

create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!